AC EN VENEZUELA

I think I may have found your car

Notapor Aparicio » 19 Feb 2011 04:58

Tim, I did a bit of searching through Google and found a YouTube video, or rather a collection of photos that shows a red AC Bristol with the legend "Chivera 905" on the side, and another red AC Bristol without side legends but with what appears to be a golden grille. The video is posted by Gian Villari and it is called Piques a?o 1970. I think the year is incorrect because you can clearly see a Chevy Nova model 1975. As for the chivera or junkyard itself, I am not sure if it exists because apparently there were several that established themselves in the area later on. There is an address listed for one called ODISEA 2000 but I do not know if it is the same one.

Av. Guzm?n Blanco, Subida Cota 905, Sector el Peaje, Urb./Sector: El Cementerio, Tel?fono:(0212)632.1654/2242

This is not a safe area of Caracas.

The name of the owner of the original chivera must have been Pedro since the You Tube posting refers to the car as "Perucho's" car

Hope this is helpful. I also enjoyed watching the YouTube pictures. They brough back some good memories.
Aparicio

Notapor manuel mechanics » 19 Feb 2011 13:17

Saludos amigo, la chivera 905 era de perucho errante compadre de juan herrera pineda antiguo due?o de auto errante, tienda de hi performance que estaba en el paraiso ccs, juan herrera fue campeon nacional de piques con un Charger RT y perucho igual pero con un AC bristol de su propiedad y que despues de eso le saco motor y caja y lo coloco en el techo de la entrada de su chivera y le puso chivera 905 para que la gente supiera que era alli, luego de eso el hijo de perucho monto otra chivera y la llamo odisea 2000..
manuel mechanics

AC y Chivera Cota 905

Notapor Aparicio » 19 Feb 2011 13:31

Gracias amigo por los datos adicionales. Si recuerdo bien, Perucho tenia el AC rojo con un motor bloque peque?o con el cual lo vi correr en San Carlos creo que en 1976. Tambien recuerdo que habia otro tipo que tenia un AC similar pero verde oscuro. Imagino que el AC colocado en el techo de la chivera deber ser el que compro este Sr ingles Tim. Sin embargo, si vas en YouTube y buscas el video "Piques a?o 1970" veras un AC Bristol rojo claro y luego otro mas oscuro con cauchos muy sobredimensionados y la leyenda "Chivera 905". Supongo que este ultimo es el de Perucho pero tambien puede ser que las dos fotos no correspondan al mismo dia o mismo a?o y se trate del mismo carro pero en dos ocasiones diferentes
Aparicio

Notapor manuel mechanics » 19 Feb 2011 13:42

percho pico con ese carro en turagua en el 78-79, pico contra otro ac traido de curazao o aruba, perucho gano ya que el otro carro largo de lado y tuvo que levantar el pie, esto me lo acaba de relatar Ricardo Sama hijo de francesco sama, el se eencontraba alli en ese momento
manuel mechanics

Notapor ezvelarde » 19 Feb 2011 13:58

Aqui esta el video en 1:10 aparece el AC
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUxOn1KMz9o[/youtube]
ezio zambrano
ezvelarde@gmail.com
ezvelarde

AC Bristo Chivera Cota 905

Notapor Aparicio » 19 Feb 2011 16:31

Yo lo vi fue en San Carlos en 1976. Alli estaba tambien el AC verde. Despues de eso creo que la ultima vez que vi a Perucho con el AC rojo fue en el Wimpy de La Castellana tal vez como un a?o despues. Gracias por haber subido el video. Conversacion iteresante que trae bastantes recuerdos. Alguien se acuerda de los piques entre el Chevy Nova blanco de Pepe y el Javelin verde de Walter Turli, conducido por Werner Braschi?
Aparicio

Notapor Tim Isles » 20 Feb 2011 06:03

Dear Aparicio,
Thank you for posting the video of the pictures. This is the first news I have of the car! I believe that the 'Team 905' car with the big rear wheels is definitely my car. I must thank the other gentlemen too who have kindly added to the discussion with their knowledge of AC cars from that period.

I think that the other red AC Ace pictured is a different car to mine. I will try and post a picture of a white car that looks similar.

Thank you all again for your help.
Tim Isles

Notapor ezvelarde » 20 Feb 2011 09:08

Capture las fotos del video para que las vean...
Imagen
Imagen
ezio zambrano
ezvelarde@gmail.com
ezvelarde

Notapor Tim Isles » 26 Mar 2011 08:03

Greetings from Enland again, and thank you for all the help so far.

I am continuing to research AC cars in South America and particularly in Venezuela.

I have another question please. At the famous 1957 Venezuela GP, six AC Aces took part. I have a picture of five of the six Aces, but I do not have a picture of car #74, which was driven to 16th place by Augusto Gutierrez and Deblin - I do not know his first name. Please can someone help me with a photograph of this car?

It is interesting that this Ace was not a part of the 'Team CADV' entry, which all the other 5 Aces (and one Maserati) were. I think this maybe because originally car #74 was entered as an OSCA, driven by Tomasi and de Tomaso, but according to the race results this OSCA did not arrive. So I would guess the AC Ace #74 was a 'late entry'. In fact it was the highest placed Ace in the race.

Can someone help with a photograph and some more information on this car and its drivers please?

With kind regards,

Tim Isles
Tim Isles

Notapor brankok » 26 Mar 2011 11:34

Hi Tim, I believe th enrty list is incorrect, Augusto Gutierrez raced a Maserati 200S in that race with #52 his teammate was Sergio Gonzalez, it is well documented in the Maserati section and de GP of 1957.
Lo logramos
Imagen
brankok
administrador adjunto

Notapor Tim Isles » 26 Mar 2011 19:10

Dear Brankok,

Thank you for your kind reply. The race results I have show that it was Alberto, not Augusto, Gutierrez, together with Sergio Gonzales, who drove Maserati #52? Perhaps this is a mistake, or are they brothers? I would be very interested to know who drove car #74, and if it is possible to see a picture of this car. I have a picture of every car that finished this GP, apart from car # 64 (Porsche 550) and car #74 (AC Ace).

Again, thank you for your interest and assistance.

Tim
Tim Isles

Notapor brankok » 27 Mar 2011 09:00

Dear Tim,
As you can see in the local papers there where 2 Gutierrez in the race, I assume the one in the AC is Gustavo, Augusto's brother who I shall call soon to see if he remembers.
The photo of the AC looks like from #74, will look thru my files and see if there is something extra.
Enjoy
Imagen
Imagen
Lo logramos
Imagen
brankok
administrador adjunto

Notapor Tim Isles » 27 Mar 2011 10:47

Dear Brankok,

It's really good to have a photograph of #74 at last! Thank you very much. I can see it was a light coloured car with a stripe in the middle and a normal Ace type nose at the front. I hope you do find another picture.

Thank you also for explaining that there were two Gutierrez brothers. And I understand now that 'Deblin' was in fact (Tony) De Blois.

There seems to be one more small mystery. Car #48, driven by Oropeza and Hernandez, was listed as 'Did Not Qualify', and I see from your results that it does indeed appear that in practice it was outside the qualifying time.

However, there is the picture by Tom Burnside showing Hap Dressel's car (before his accident with Stirling Moss) passing the large memorial in Caracas, and following him is car #48? Although it is not possible to see the number, this car had a very distinctive front nose, so it does seem that this car took part, although it seems it did not finish the race. I wonder what you think please?

Thank you again for the help!

Tim
Tim Isles

Notapor brankok » 27 Mar 2011 13:34

Dear Tim,
I dont recall seeing the Burnside picture that you mention and can not have an opinion. could you email it?
I Opened a new email just for the forum,
pasionalavelocidad@gmail.com
Send me your email, and I'll send you some pictures I found.
Lo logramos
Imagen
brankok
administrador adjunto

Re: AC EN VENEZUELA

Notapor jsalgatti » 19 Sep 2011 10:25

Saludos amigos:
Por cortesía del historiador francés, Antoine Prunet, les presento estas fotos e historial del AC Ace Bristol n/s BEX 1028, actualmente en Francia y que fuera inicialmente restaurado por el taller "Automóviles Clasicos" en Caracas. Si Alguno de ustedes tiene fotografías del mismo, durante su vida en Venezuela, agradeceríamos publicarlas.
Adjuntos
AC BEX 1028 - Foto A Prunet L1000972[2].jpg
AC BEX 1028 - Foto A Prunet L1000972[2].jpg (180.75 KiB) Visto 2149 veces
AC BEX 1028 - Foto A Prunet L1000269[2].jpg
AC BEX 1028 - Foto A Prunet L1000269[2].jpg (154.8 KiB) Visto 2149 veces
AC BEX 1028 - Historial.jpg
AC BEX 1028 - Historial.jpg (66.49 KiB) Visto 2149 veces
jsalgatti
administrador adjunto

AnteriorSiguiente

Volver a AC BRISTOL Y ACECA